Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Our First Time Baking

Today was a super rainy day so we decided to bake something all of us could eat. Kiddo eats a strict vegan diet, I eat vegan and gluten free, and daddy basically eats whatever you put in front of him. Baking is usually difficult in this house because really, who has the time to make something all of us can eat? We usually only make vegan treats since I really hate baking gluten free things.

I don't even know if you could call this "baking" but it was easy for Ky to mix everything and dump the batter into the pan.

Pancake and Banana Bites





All we used for this recipe was

- 2 cups gluten free Bisquik
- 1 cup hemp milk
- 1 cup lite syrup
- 1 banana



Preheat oven to 350F

I got everything ready before I announced to her that I needed help, since we have never baked together before and I had no idea how this would go over. I laid out all the ingredients, the bowl, the pan, and measured out what we needed beforehand. She poured it all into the big bowl while I mixed, then without even telling her, she had started to dump it into the muffin tin.

I wanted this to be fun for her so there were no strict directions - Just pour and try not to spill too much on the floor. She did a really great job! We spent about 20 minutes just mixing and pouring. After we had all of the muffing tins full, we cut up the banana into little pieces and pushed them into the batter.



We baked them for about 15-18 minutes. I took them out without telling her, but included her in the process after they were cooled down. She helped take them out and put them on the plate. She did much better than I thought she would, especially since directions are really hard for her. I see a lot of baking in our future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment